Republicans cast doubt on Pelosi concessions on January 6 commission

On Thursday, Pelosi said that two of the three Republican objections to her initial commission plan had been reconciled in her new plan, leaving only the scope remaining at the sticking point.
"She hasn't responded to us or talked to us, so it's still a long way away," House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy said Thursday.
"I think if anything is going to happen, she's going to have to talk with us instead of saying she's talking to some Republicans.
I think if you're going to have a commission you should look at the whole broad spectrum.
"The scope of it, they have to deal with a little bit broader than just January the 6th," McConnell said.
And I think we have to look at this in a broader scope, and with a totally balanced, 9/11-style commission.
So, I'm not quite sure who she's talking to or what she's talking about."
Asked Thursday why Republicans said they hadn't heard from her on the new proposal, Pelosi said that "some Republicans have."
But last week, Pelosi sent a letter to lawmakers saying she was making a new proposal to Republicans to try to push the issue forward.
CNN reported Tuesday that the new proposal included an even number of members appointed by Democrats and Republicans, after Republicans objected to her initial plan that would have been a seven-to-four split for Democrats.
McCarthy said Thursday that the 50-50 split on commission members and bipartisan subpoena power "was the minimum to sit down to negotiate."
McCarthy added that he was not going to negotiate through the press, however, since he has not seen the offer himself.
Source